torsdag 29 november 2012

Plant's dont suffer any subjective pain and they are not able to think.

Trees don't suffer any subjective pain, nor are they able to think. They are not sentient.

"No I wouldn’t, but maybe that’s where I’m still limited in my own thinking! To me thinking and information processing are two different constructs. I have to be careful here since this is really bordering on the philosophical, but I think purposeful thinking necessitates a highly developed brain and autonoetic, or at least noetic, consciousness. Plants exhibit elements of anoetic consciousness which doesn’t include, in my understanding, the ability to think.  Just as a plant can’t suffer subjective pain in the absence of a brain, I also don’t think that it thinks."
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=do-plants-think-daniel-chamovitz&page=3

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar