fredag 2 maj 2014

Why and how I went vegan

I went vegan in October 2012 when I understood that it was wrong to consume animal foods. For most of my life I have been wanting to live an ethical life, I have just been very confused about what this entails... I was religious for a long while and in the autumn of 2012 I encountered some vegans in a religious group that I was invited to discussing veganism.. The arguments resonated in me. I didn't want to be a part of exploiting animals, so I went vegan. First I ditched meat and fish. Then I understood that there was exploitation involved in dairy and eggs, so I stopped consuming them. Then I understood that there was exploitation involved in honey, so I stopped with that. I also understood why it is wrong to kill animals for leather, etc.. And within some weeks I had stopped with all animal use.

About that time I also bought a dog.. Then I came in contact with Abolitionist veganism shortly after and understood that also breeding animals is exploiting animals..

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar